Saturday 18 June 2016

Warm nights



In all my experience with various people. Girls, boys, men, women. Periods of art that ranged from boring to fascinating. Periods of life that were by turns sweet, tragic, bitter, ecstatic; maybe all those things at the same time. Great books and terrible books. Stuff that embarrassed me and stuff that did not. 

Memories you dive for happily and situations best forgotten. Jokes that worked at grand dinner parties and jokes that fell flat on sticky bar counters. Terrible songs and Blixa Bargeld doing "Alone With The Moon". Stories I love and stories that should have never been written. 

Good coffee and bad coffee. Worst things in life and a novel by Javier Marias. Late night cocktails that made me sleepy and complex desires that kept me up all night. Loves and infatuations. Bike trips and shaky boats that made me seasick. The rain and the sun. 

In the end, it all comes down to one thing: Sauvignon is better than Chardonnay. There. It's dead simple.